Americans are fortunate to receive some of the world’s best medical care from dedicated professionals who train for years to work in the medical field. Every year, millions benefit from life-saving procedures. Yet for all the many miracles of modern medicine, there are times when avoidable errors can lead to catastrophic results.
Cases of negligence in health care facilities can be especially tragic, because the victims are often already too ill to care for themselves. Both patients and their loved ones have a right to expect professional levels of care and consideration.
PayneMitchell Law Group has not only the detailed legal, but also medical expertise to handle cases where death or disability has occurred. Our team of professionals analyzes records to put together the critical data essential to understanding and successfully pursuing a case.
Despite legislative limits on these cases, we still believe the best way to ensure a better medical system for patients and practitioners alike is to enforce the highest possible standards.
- Birth trauma/OBGYN injuries
- Improper surgical technique
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to advise of risk/informed consent
- Failure to timely treat infections
- Improper postoperative care
- Improper chemotherapy treatment
- Unnecessary surgery or treatment
- Negligent emergency room care
- Decubitus ulcers/bedsores
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Improper restraint
- Improper medication
- Physical abuse and neglect
- Failure to seek timely treatment